- Character Development: Master the technique of working from the outside in, learning to layer your character with distinct voice, movement, and changes in self to create a rich and mesmerising performance.
- Believable Character Choices: Develop the ability to make strong yet believable choices for your character's voice, movement, and emotional transformations, enhancing the authenticity of your performance.
- Exploration of Physicality: Explore the significance of physical choices in acting, understanding how body language and movement can dramatically change your character.
- Versatility On Screen: Learn techniques to allow you to produce varied takes of the same scene that will set you apart from the group.
- Adaptability in Auditions: Develop auditioning and self-tape skills to adapt your character work effectively to various audition scenarios, leaving a lasting impression on casting directors.
- Live Zoom Classes will be taking place Wednesdays 6.30pm Brisbane time - they are recorded and uploaded so you can watch or rewatch if you are unable to attend live.
- Class work drops straight into your feed each week - allowing you to watch and complete whenever suits you.
- Personal feedback from Peter on your work each week - broken down into clear instructions for improvements.
- Online community access. Connect with current and past students and make industry friends and contacts.
Start date: 6.30pm Wednesday 6th March 2024.
Live lectures and Q&A will take place online Wednesdays at 6.30pm Brisbane Time. If you are unable to attend live these will be uploaded for you to watch or rewatch at your convenience.
Payment Plans available for your convenience - Afterpay, Klarna or Paypal Pay-In-4 available at checkout.
If you have any questions about this course please email [email protected]
“Peter has truly taught me the art of ‘subtlety on camera’ when auditioning for a role. He utilises his techniques and exercises so wonderfully in the moment, that before I knew it I was no longer “acting” or “pushing”, I was simply was telling the truth. He has enabled me to learn what is important when auditioning for film and TV and what to simply throw away. Not only is Peter an amazing teacher, he is also a real ally in championing his students all the way to reaching their goals. I simply couldn’t have gotten where I am today without his help and guidance.”Emily Weir, Actress: Home and Away.
“It’s rare to find a person so dedicated to extracting the best out of a performance or the artist. I had the pleasure of working with Peter in two self-tests, both very last minute and time stressed. Through workshopping and direction we explored together to come up with two tests that I walked away proud of; which to me is the aim of the game. Knowing you’ve put your best foot forward and your hat in the ring for a part is the beginning and the end of our work sometimes. If you can say you’ve done that, you’ve done your work.Oh, and I got the job. Maybe both.”Ryan Corr, Actor: Packed to the Rafters, House of the Dragon.
“Peter Rasmussen brings his years as a casting director and actor to his coaching with an eclectic mix of wisdom, humor and insight. He is a gentle yet honest coach with great compassion. I highly recommend the professional as well as the beginner to work with this man!”Laura Gardner, Actress: The Romanoffs, Fresh Off The Boat.
“Honestly, Character Chameleon has been a game changer for me. I just submitted an audition for the lead role and received great feedback from the director. I will be back for more in the future. I highly recommend Character Chameleon. The changes in performance were phenomenal with Peter's methods and guidance. ”Debbie Vassella, Actress
Produce varied takes of the same scene that will set you apart from the group.
Expand your natural range to become a more versatile actor.
Explore and create your own characters that will get you the role.
Filming and uploading self-tests.
Understand the Casting process from a seasoned professional.
With over 25 years of industry experience, Peter prides himself on providing creative and innovative Casting to all types of productions - from Feature Films to Commercials. Some of his casting credits include AACTA nominated The Butterfly Tree and Celeste, as well as working on many television shows including Neighbours, Packed to the Rafters, Sea Patrol, H20 – Just add water, The Doctor Blake Mysteries and the Underbelly Movies Files.
Peter has studied and draws on various techniques from Lee Strasburg, Ivanna Chubbuck, Eric Morris, Uta Hagan, Sanford Meisner, Robert Cohen, Mark Travis, Practical Aesthetics and Howard Fine. His classes are highly sought after around Australia, and has taught at major schools including the Queensland University of Technology – Fine Arts Program, Griffith Film School, Queensland Conservatorium’s Performing Arts Programme, The Howard Fine School and the Melbourne Acting Academy.
His students frequently go on to international success in lead roles.