This comprehensive course is designed to provide you with everything you need to succeed in your next audition.
Stretch your Acting muscles each week and get 'Audition Fit'!
So how does this online course work?
- Each week your Scenes, Classes, Assignments and Resources drop straight into your class feed - allowing you to watch, complete and upload your work whenever suits you.
- Each week you will receive personal feedback from Peter on your work - broken down into clear instructions for improvements.
- Live Zoom lessons will take place 9.30am Brisbane Time - however these are recorded and uploaded so you can watch or rewatch if you are unable to attend live.
- You will receive access to our online community so you can connect with current and past students and make industry friends and contacts.
Scroll down to learn more about Audition Academy.
This course teaches you everything you need to know from script to submission to maximise your chance of landing the role.
This course is jam-packed with essential Audition Skills, presented in weekly modules - each focusing on a specific aspect of audition technique.
You will learn to prepare vibrant auditions that will get you noticed by Casting Directors.
Learn to create world class self-tests to submit for the best productions in the world!
In addition to live coaching sessions, you will have access to a range of interactive materials, including instructional videos, practice exercises, and personalised feedback on your performances.
This course focuses on the skills necessary to Audition and Self-Test successfully for a Casting Director. Over the 6 Weeks we will cover:
- My fast and effective Script Breakdown Technique.
- Researching the Project and the world it takes place in - understanding Detective work and why it’s essential.
- Purpose of the Scene within the Story - so why are we here?
- Emotional changes in the character and scene.
- Present state of being.
- Character Development - extensive choices.
- Objects - how to use objects, blocking and physical life to your advantage.
- Inner Objects and how they keep our performances authentic
- Moment Before and how it influences a scene.
- Creating Strong Character Choices: Objectives, Expectations, Substitutions, and Obstacles.
- Actions - how to choose the most entertaining options for the scene.
We will Also Focus On:
- Filming and uploading great self-tests - no special gear needed.
- Learn the Casting process from a working Casting Director.
- How to take direction in the audition room - even if it’s not great direction! I’ll show you how to translate ‘bad directions’ into a something useful.
- How to connect with a reader for fantastic chemistry.
- Present bold choices that make sense and get you noticed.
This course is jam-packed with essential Audition Skills. Audition Academy is a carefully designed mix of Lessons, Online Material, Live Q&A, Homework, and Personalised Feedback to ensure you get the most out of the material in the comfort of your own home.
Our Online Learning platform is sleek and easy to navigate - and you also get access to my exclusive Online Community. Check in and share support with fellow students.
All you need for this course is a smartphone or laptop and an internet connection - it’s that easy.
Start date: Sunday April 30th 2023.
Live lectures and Q&A will take place online Sundays at 9.30am Brisbane Time (Saturday 3.30pm for my Los Angeles based Students) If you are unable to attend live these will be uploaded for you to watch or rewatch at your convenience.
Payment Plans Available at Checkout for your convenience - Afterpay, Klarna or Paypal Pay-In-4.
6 Week Online Course.
If you have any questions about this course please email [email protected]
Hope to see you there,
Harness and present your personality in order to be remembered in the audition room.
Use Props, Actions and Blocking to your advantage in the audition room.
Break down a script using easy to understand tools to give you a sense of safety in order to perform at your best.
Filming and uploading self-tests.
Learn the Casting process from a working Casting Director.
With over 25 years of industry experience, Peter prides himself on providing creative and innovative Casting to all types of productions - from Feature Films to Commercials. Some of his casting credits include AACTA nominated The Butterfly Tree and Celeste, as well as working on many television shows including Neighbours, Packed to the Rafters, Sea Patrol, H20 – Just add water, The Doctor Blake Mysteries and the Underbelly Movies Files.
Peter has studied and draws on various techniques from Lee Strasburg, Ivanna Chubbuck, Eric Morris, Uta Hagan, Sanford Meisner, Robert Cohen, Mark Travis, Practical Aesthetics and Howard Fine. His classes are highly sought after around Australia, and has taught at major schools including the Queensland University of Technology – Fine Arts Program, Griffith Film School, Queensland Conservatorium’s Performing Arts Programme, The Howard Fine School and the Melbourne Acting Academy.
His students frequently go on to international success in lead roles.
- 00 Days
- 00 Hours
- 00 Minutes
- 00 Seconds